Protect your technology.
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney's Intellectual Property Section is a full-service, collaborative team of attorneys and other professionals, many of whom possess specialized technical degrees. We are also engaged in active and leadership roles in several IP industry trade associations, ensuring that we stay abreast of trends that may affect our clients. Our clients appreciate when we proactively make them aware of opportunities and threats presented within the dynamic area of intellectual property law and, when appropriate, present them with effective strategies in response to their IP issues. Ideas provide sustainability as well as growth in business; we're dedicated to protecting your ideas.
Our clients depend on our exceptional ability to provide strategic guidance on the development, use and enforcement of their patent portfolios, both domestic and international. We work with a range of clients from individual inventors, start-ups and small companies to established universities and large corporations. We assist in developing patent strategies that maximize budget dollars in the U.S. and abroad; advise on critical exposure issues; recommend if, when and where to assert IP rights; and provide analysis related to the IP assets of key competitors.
Our experience goes well beyond patent procurement. We are recognized leaders in:
- IP portfolio management and strategy
- Licensing and technology transfer
- Patent interference practice
- Patent reexamination & reissue practice
- Risk reduction strategies (e.g., freedom to operate studies)
- Trial and appellate practice
- Hatch-Waxman counseling and litigation
- Patent term extension
- Business method protection
- Trade secret protection and enforcement
- Trademarks, copyrights and trademark enforcement
Please send new patent applications to