We're making global business easier.
The world is a smaller place.
The vast increase in international business means that more and more executives must navigate the rapidly changing and highly complex laws regarding immigration. Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney has been helping both large and small businesses deal with this issue for years. With heightened security concerns and increased scrutiny of employer compliance with labor regulations, we work with companies in the U.S. and abroad to keep their international businesses running smoothly
Who needs immigration counsel?
Any business with international relationships is potentially subject to immigration law. Employers transferring employees from abroad to fill roles in the United States, foreign investors seeking to establish U.S. businesses and corporations involved in mergers or acquisitions all must consider the effect of immigration on their corporate transactions.
The federal government is strictly enforcing existing legislation and is continually introducing new, more restrictive legislation, resulting in unexpected consequences for individuals and businesses alike. There has also been a significant increase in government audits of I-9s and visa petition filings,.
Companies are not our only clients.
We help individuals and their families with employment, residency, and other immigration issues. We assist with preserving permanent residence status, eligibility for U.S. citizenship, and naturalization proceedings. We also help with the filling of immigrant visa petitions on behalf of foreign national family members and the use of business investment in the U.S. as an individual immigration strategy.
How we help you globalize.
Our practice collaborates with other groups within the firm to help businesses and individuals with:
- Reviewing the tax consequences of relocating operations to the United States or a foreign country.
- Determining the effect mergers and acquisitions will have on company employees.
- Identifying investment opportunities in the United States and abroad for business expansion.
- Processing E-1, E-2, E-3, J-1, H-1B, H-3, L-1A/L-1B (blanket and non-blanket), O, P, and TN nonimmigrant visa petitions.
- Establishing an employment-based permanent residence, including PERM labor certification, extraordinary/outstanding researcher/national interest waiver immigrant visa petitions, and adjustment of status.
- Establishing enterprises that provide the best immigration platform possible for the transfer of key employees between companies.
- Counseling on I-9 compliance and E-Verify issues.