How Eric Helps Clients
Eric Yoon focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and arbitration and has experience in a wide range of litigation matters, including breach of contract, labor and employment, copyright, trade secret, class actions and other commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Eric practiced in the Cleveland office of a national law firm specializing in civil business litigation in state and federal courts with a focus on securities fraud, white collar crimes, director and officer liability issues, shareholder rights, corporate governance, disputes among shareholders, enforcement of contracts and business torts.
Eric is fluent in Korean.
Outside the Office
Born and raised in Seoul, Korea until 16, Eric is a graduate of The Hill School in Pottstown, PA and received an undergraduate degree in Philosophy and Political Science from Colgate University. Nowadays, Eric dedicates most of his time to raising two rambunctious little ones. In his rare spare time, Eric continues to be a lifelong fan and a collector of fine wines, classical music and operatic recordings. He is also an avid fan of Arsenal F.C., Cleveland Cavaliers and Philadelphia Eagles.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for former directors of a closed corporation against breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Successfully defended several financial institutions against putative shareholder class action lawsuits challenging proposed mergers of those financial institutions
- Represented employers and high-level executives in employment litigation matters involving allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination and breach of employment contract
- Represented lawyers and a law firm sought to be disqualified for alleged breaches of ethical rules
- Represented a public specialty chemicals company in an arbitration arising out of its divestiture of a manufacturing division
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2013
Colgate University, B.A., 2007, cum laude, High Honors in Political Science
Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania (APABA-PA), Northeast Regional Committee
Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York (KALAGNY), Member