Structuring joint ventures in health care.
Complementary to the firm's reputation for structuring and completing complex health care transactions, Buchanan's Health Care attorneys have a wealth of experience in structuring health care joint ventures. While each joint venture structure may have its unique characteristics, we approach joint venture transactions through a staged process that enables projects to progress efficiently and effectively.
Our attorneys gain a complete understanding of the business goals and objectives sought to be achieved from the new venture and make appropriate analyses to determine the preliminary legal feasibility of each potential structure. Our extensive involvement in health joint ventures assures that we remain versed in the regulatory considerations in order to provide "real time" advice to our clients throughout the entire process.
The types of joint ventures our health care attorneys have designed, orchestrated and negotiated range from whole hospital joint ventures to shared ambulatory care centers. For example, we have structured and/or completed joint ventures for the following health care-related entities:
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Cancer centers
- Radiation oncology ventures between two hospitals
- Imaging centers with radiologists and third parties
- Air ambulance and other emergency medicine services among a number of hospitals
- Home health and DME supplier among multiple hospitals
- Home health agency and physicians group for cancer treatment
- Whole-hospital joint venture for a financially troubled hospital
- Whole-hospital joint venture between a nonprofit and for-profit hospital system
- Endoscopy centers
- Sleep disorder clinics
- Freestanding dialysis clinics
- Physician-hospital organizations
- Behavioral health program between two health systems
- Cardiac care between two hospitals