Critical business advice in a competitive market
Big and complex? We can handle it.
The federal government spends more than $1 trillion every year on grants and contracts—and each deal is subject to a complex set of regulations. Few companies have the resources it takes to compete in this environment; not even in-house counsel is always equipped to deal with the ever-changing world of government procurement. Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney has what it takes to help clients enter this market and position themselves effectively.
Our Federal Procurement Group helps clients take advantage of opportunities by assessing their market potential, identifying immediate and long-term targets, and preparing them to approach procurement and granting agencies. Our extensive government relations experience means we can match you up with key decision makers at any level, from project managers to Cabinet members. We have experience working with people from these and other agencies:
- Department of Defense
- Health and Human Services
- General Services Administration
- Department of Homeland Security
- Small Business Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Centers for Disease Control
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Department of Energy
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
We're the law firm that knows marketing.
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney is different—our government relations know-how gives us an edge when it comes to understanding the federal procurement marketplace. We don't just provide legal advice; we create business plans that identify your strategic opportunities, market advantages, preliminary performance goals, and critical success factors. We tell you how to improve your chances of receiving government contracts and grants. We'll also help you figure out how to structure your new business relationships in both the public and private sectors; we deal with tactical partnerships, bidding teams, venture financing opportunities, strategic alliances, and research, development, and manufacturing grants. Our goal is to enhance your company's profile within the U.S. government while establishing your credibility.
After the sale
Our involvement doesn't end after a client strikes a deal with the federal government. We continue to offer our services as a law and government relations firm, working as a team to:
- Identify additional opportunities
- Help prepare responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Protect or contest contracts
- Protect intellectual property
- Establish safeguards in accounting and other administrative areas
- Provide litigation support and dispute resolution services
- Expand your political footprint in support of legislative issues
Many industries, many success stories
Our group specializes in assisting small and medium sized businesses that are looking to enter or expand within the federal marketplace. We have worked in national security, biodefense, cleantech, telecommunications, biometrics, nonprofit foundations, pharmaceuticals, nanotechnology, and other corporate business sectors.