Expert guidance, excellent results.
ERISA demands expertise. We have it.
Effective ERISA litigation requires a thorough understanding of a complicated statute coupled with top-notch litigation skills
. Our ERISA practice, which is one of the largest in the country, provides both. We’ve handled cases in a wide array of federal courts and arbitration proceedings and some of our attorneys have served as expert witnesses.
We combine practice groups to form the best team.
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney combines its comprehensive ERISA regulatory practice
with its outstanding labor law and litigation practices
to provide a deep ERISA litigation bench. We’ve represented employers, fiduciaries, service providers and multiemployer trust funds in a broad range disputes, including many that arose in the context of collective bargaining, such as claims concerning:
- Fiduciary status
- Compliance with fiduciary duties
- Plan and SPD conflicts
- Benefits denials
- Plan amendments and cutbacks
- Trust fund audits and contributions
- Pension plan withdrawal liability and mass withdrawal liability
- Severance and shutdown pay
- Discrimination and interference with ERISA rights
- Retiree health benefit cost controls