Elizabeth Carrott Minnigh
New York, NY
- Advised on and implemented 1031 like-kind deferred exchanges and reverse exchanges on behalf of art investors.
- Advised on and implemented family holding company to facilitate wealth management and succession planning.
- Advised on and implemented gifts of complex assets to public charities.
- Advised on and implemented grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs) funded with closely-held businesses.
- Advised on and implemented planned giving programs for public charities.
- Advised on and implemented multi-year charitable pledges, including direct pledges and pledges through private foundations.
- Advised on and implemented various sales of interests in closely-held businesses to intentionally-defective grantor dynasty trusts.
- Assisted in the preparation of annual information returns and estate and gift tax returns.
- Administered public charities, private foundations, limited liability partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), including low profit limited liability companies (L3Cs), and closely-held corporations, including drafting resolutions and amendments and advising on compliance and governance issues.
- Drafted and reviewed consignment, purchase and loan agreements on behalf of art collectors.
- Drafted sale and loan agreements on behalf of art collectors.
- Drafted wills, trusts (including credit shelter, pour over, disclaimer, generation skipping transfer (GST), qualified terminable interest property (QTIP), qualified domestic (QDOT), charitable remainder trusts (CRT), charitable lead trusts (CLT), qualified personal residence (QPRT), grantor retained annuity trusts (GRAT) and life insurance), power of attorneys, Crummey notices, health care proxies and directives and living wills for U.S. and foreign high net-worth clients.
- Formed and dissolvedfor-profit and nonprofit entities.
- Prepared and successfully filed applications for federal tax-exempt status and state registration materials for nonprofit organizations.