Elizabeth A. Malloy concentrates her practice in the areas of employment litigation, employment law and serving as a neutral investigator of employment-related claims, as well as student complaints in the educational sector.
Liz has represented employers in diverse industries in employment litigation, from single plaintiff cases to class action lawsuits. She has handled cases involving race, gender, national origin, disability and age discrimination, harassment, retaliation, false claims act, Family and Medical Leave Act, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, defamation, breach of contract and constitutional claims. She has tried cases to verdict in cases involving age, gender, race, national origin and disability discrimination and sexual harassment.
Liz devotes a substantial part of her practice to serving as a neutral, non-privileged investigator of workplace and student complaints. Her investigatory experience includes higher education, hospital and health care and various manufacturing and service industries.
Liz also advises employers on downsizing, compliance with disability and leave laws, workplace policies and positive employee relations.
Liz has served since 1998 as a course planner for employment law and frequent speaker at courses for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. Since 2005, she has been consecutively listed in Chambers Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers
in the United States in the employment area. Since 2007, she has been consistently selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list and since 2012 has been named to The Best Lawyers in America®
Some of her representative matters include:
- Obtained Order decertifying a conditionally certified class, and denying certification of a putative class in a wage and hour class action for a health care employer.
- Obtained jury verdict for a manufacturing employer, defeating claims by management employee that she was discriminated against on the basis of gender.
- Obtained jury verdict for a manufacturing employer, defeating claims by hourly employee for sexual harassment.
- Obtained jury verdict for employer in defeating management employee’s claims of race discrimination.
- Obtained jury verdict in case brought by EEOC asserting gender discrimination and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in defense of claims by six management employees challenging their dismissals.
- Obtained summary judgment for major retailer in various claims by employees for age, gender, disability, race discrimination and retaliation.