Danielle Jouenne is a member of Buchanan’s Energy Section and active in the Section’s Power Generation, Renewable and Utility Practice Group and Environmental Practice Group.
Danielle has a practice that spans energy regulatory and transactional law and environmental litigation and counseling. She assists clients on a wide variety of matters, from representing public utilities in proceedings before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission to representing clients in complex environmental litigation.
Among her client representations, Danielle has:
- Represented a major Pennsylvania electric utility before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission defending customer complaints regarding service reliability, rates, vegetation management disputes and billing issues.
- Represented a major supermarket chain with respect to legacy environmental liabilities for various sites - drafted responses to EPA information requests and navigated the company through an independent CERCLA-driven allocation process.
- Participated in representation of a third-party defendant to multi-party toxic tort litigation brought pursuant to the New Jersey Spill Compensation and Control Act.
- Counseled a wind-energy client on its obligations with regards to mitigation and curtailment for takings of state-endangered species.
- Assisted, as Pennsylvania environmental and regulatory counsel, in a deal to sell four U.S.-based wind farms with combined capacity of 480 megawatts of energy for approximately $900 million.
- Assisted, as Pennsylvania environmental and regulatory counsel, in a financing deal for a 68-turbine, 140 megawatt Pennsylvania wind farm and interstate transmission line.
- Participated on a trial team that obtained the dismissal of a product liability complaint brought against a major consumer products company in the Mass Tort Program of Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
- Counseled clients with respect to requests made under Pennsylvania’s Right to Know Law; represented client’s interests before state agency and drafted responses resulting in the protection of confidential client information.
- Managed collection of discovery in Pennsylvania for foreign multi-state litigation in which an insurance company client sought to recover for losses due to its insurance of collateralized mortgage debt transactions.
- Drafted environmental compliance training materials for the North American operations of a major electronics manufacturer.
- Provided French language support to an arbitration team handling a contract dispute for the American affiliate of a French international chemical manufacturer.
With a strong educational and professional foundation in science, Danielle is adept at handling cases involving complex scientific issues. As an environmental project scientist, Danielle participated in a long-term biological and storm-water sampling and collection project to monitor the migration of polychlorinated biphenyls in a major river system. For her Master’s degree, Danielle researched the effect of a gibberellin biosynthesis inhibitor on cultivars of vitis vinifera
(wine grape varietals).
Danielle is fluent in French and is a coordinator of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Lyon-Philadelphia bar exchange program.