Daniel C. Garfinkel’s practice encompasses a variety of commercial litigation matters. Handling litigation matters in both state and federal court, he has represented commercial clients through all stages of the litigation process. Daniel focuses much of his practice on matters relating to energy and natural resources, including litigation concerning coal supply agreements and mining rights. He also has experience representing municipalities in a variety of matters ranging from contract negotiation to litigation.
Daniel has been selected twice for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
, in 2011 and 2012.
Some of Daniel's representative experience includes:
- Represented coal supply companies in litigation with steel manufacturers and other customers, foreign and domestic.
- Represented national coal mining companies in several injunction actions to enforce mining rights.
- Defended national coal mining company in action regarding alleged mine subsidence damage.
- Served as lead trial counsel in property dispute litigation.
- Advised energy clients concerning the interpretation and application of Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code governing the sale of goods.
- Represented energy clients in numerous title dispute matters.
- Supervised several large-scale and complex electronic discovery projects.
- Advised municipalities on contract dispute matters, potential tort liability, and contract drafting and review.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Daniel was an associate in the Pittsburgh office of an international law firm, where he worked on a variety of complex litigation matters in both state and federal court.
While attending law school, he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Case Western Reserve University Law Review. He also worked as an extern to the Honorable Ann Aldrich of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.