- Defended nationwide collective actions involving, among other things, fluctuating workweek method of overtime payment, automatic meal-break deduction policies, allegations of uncompensated pre- and post-shift work related activities, misclassification of exempt employees and compliance with Pennsylvania, New York and California state wage and hour laws.
- Secured the dismissal of an FLSA case alleging that client improperly administered its auto-deduct meal-break policy, resulting in unpaid overtime wages.
- Defended regional transportation company in FLSA collective action alleging wrongful classification of drivers. Case resolved at close of discovery in settlement approved by U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Blocked conditional certification in proposed nationwide collective action involving satellite television technicians alleging unpaid overtime in automatic meal-break deduction case.
- Successfully obtained judgment notwithstanding the verdict following a state court trial against a government employer involving employee's claim for breach of alleged employment agreement.
- Won precedent-setting appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in a case involving an employer's right to discriminate against potential employees on the basis of bankruptcy under Section 525 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Obtained full Temporary Restraining Order on behalf of national sports and fitness specialty retailer enjoining its ex-senior buyer from going to work for a competitor pursuant to the terms of a noncompete agreement.