Changing the way we live.
The rapidly growing area of biotechnology requires focused capabilities and worldwide resources. Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC's biotechnology and food and drug practices provide their biotechnology knowledge to multinational businesses at every stage of development.
We represent medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies engaged in international product development and marketing. Our experience has shown that a dual-track approach is extremely effective for biotechnology companies. This approach is designed to position companies in the global marketplace by assisting them in both U.S. and European regulatory approvals, intellectual property protection and by helping them to secure financing and commercial opportunities both in the United States and abroad.
We provide traditional representation as well as counseling on business needs. We help identify strategic partners, negotiate transactions and craft agreements that address the intricacies of the industry.
The firm's lawyers have experience in the following technical fields:
- Medical and diagnostic equipment
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Hybridization processes involving agricultural crops
- Genetic research and engineering
- Pharmaceuticals, ethical drugs and drug-delivery systems
- Ultrasound devices
Our core services.
Buchanan's lawyers have comprehensive capabilities to meet the needs of biotechnology clients in six core areas:
- Capital formation and corporate finance
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and regulatory strategy
- Intellectual property and patent prosecution
- Licensing, collaboration and strategic alliances
- Government relations
- Medical coverage and reimbursement
Please send new patent applications to