How Argia Helps Clients
Argia’s practice areas include complex commercial matters, as well as matrimonial law, with particular experience in mass tort, products liability, and contract and business tort litigation. She has represented companies in the pharmaceutical, chemical, financial and retail sectors in state and federal courts across the country.
In her active pro bono practice, Argia has advocated for immigrants seeking U.S. permanent residency and citizenship status, in both routine and domestic violence situations. Argia also represented indigent clients working with Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania’s Prisoner Civil Rights Panel.
Before joining Buchanan, Argia practiced for six years at an international law firm in Philadelphia and clerked for the Honorable Gerald J. Pappert in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Outside the Office
Argia enjoys spending time with her husband Bryan and their beagle Penny, staying active, and traveling, especially when it affords her the chance to brush up on her Spanish.
- Winning complete defense jury verdict for chemical manufacturer in months-long products liability trial in New York state court
- Securing dismissal of False Claims Act whistleblower claims against pharmaceutical company in federal court
- Representing pharmaceutical company in multi-jurisdictional mass tort litigation involving testosterone replacement therapy
- Obtaining dismissal for non-profit organization in malicious prosecution action before Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Appointed as pro bono counsel and co-chaired federal jury trial in prisoner’s civil rights case in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011
American University, B.A., 2007, summa cum laude, International Studies & Spanish
- New Jersey
- New York (pending)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (pending)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (pending)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Philadelphia Bar Association
University of Pennsylvania Law School American Inn of Court
Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania's Prisoner Civil Rights Panel