How Anand Helps Clients
Anand Mohan focuses his practice on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). He counsels clients on their patent portfolio strategy and how to best protect their technology for optimal scope and value in global markets.
Anand has experience in intellectual property matters directed to a wide array of electrical and computer arts such as software, blockchain technology, business methods including e-commerce and financial technology, semiconductor processes and circuits, memory devices, computer networks, telecommunication systems, database and cloud management systems, and display device technologies.
Before joining Buchanan, Anand was a patent attorney with one of the largest intellectual property boutiques in Washington, D.C. Anand also has software programming experience at Goldman Sachs. At Goldman, Anand worked with corporate attorneys in the wealth management business unit to create and manage proprietary software to monitor market risks.
What Clients Can Expect
Anand provides prompt and effective counsel by carefully considering the client’s goal and developing prosecution strategies based on the goal. With his prior experience as a software programmer, Anand can provide a highly technical assessment of a client’s invention by breaking down highly developed concepts to provide clients with a pragmatic explanation of how legal issues may potentially affect the client's interests. Anand provides an honest assessment regarding patent protection strategies by doing a cost and benefit analysis of such strategies.
Outside the Office
Anand was born and raised in New Delhi, India. He is married and loves to spend time with his wife and son. He loves playing golf with his friends and is working on his short golf game. If he wasn't an attorney, he would be a history professor because of his love for world history.
- Represented a wide range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to individual inventors.
- Drafted and prosecuted hundreds of U.S. patent applications across many different technology areas.
- Drafted many appeals of final rejections to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
- Conducted dozens of examiner interviews to develop strategies to overcome 35 U.S.C. §101 rejections frequently arising in software or business method patent applications.
- Extensive software programming experience in the field of financial technologies.
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2016
University of Delhi, B.E., 2011, First Class, Computer Engineering
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Washington, D.C.