- Led defense of national bank in a series of class actions filed in federal and state courts across the country, including obtaining early dismissal of a $100 million putative class action that potentially included 10,000 class members.
- Effectively argued and led briefing team on numerous appeals of high profile matters, including putative class action lawsuits, in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Led large team of outside managing counsel on behalf of national bank in developing strategy and resolution for hundreds of lawsuits nationwide.
- Led defense of national grocery chain in a series of aggressively targeted employment discrimination and wage & hour cases, obtaining summary judgment or early dismissal of claims.
- Defended community bank in a large-scale series of lawsuits filed in Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Maryland, including those alleging improper securitization of mortgages, by obtaining early dismissals of nearly all cases, and helping to set new, favorable legal precedent for all lenders and servicers.
- Defended a community bank by obtaining dismissal of a putative class action case alleging a variety of fraud-related claims pertaining to loan modifications.
- Tried Virginia state court case to favorable verdict in constitutional challenge by more than 20 plaintiffs to a city council’s approval of zoning decisions.
- Tried federal court case to favorable jury verdict in race discrimination suit on behalf of a Fortune 500 company, and successfully defended the verdict at the appellate level.
- Obtained numerous, favorable arbitrator awards in traditional labor disputes, including those involving drug testing practices, on behalf of Fortune 100 company.
- Led defense of national corporations against systemic and individual investigations by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).