Allyson J. Singel Aldous focuses her heath care practice on issues having an impact on the operations of large health care institutions, including transactions, medical staff matters, regulatory issues, and patient care questions.
Allyson has assisted clients with hospital regulatory and operational matters, contract review and negotiation, fraud and abuse and other regulatory matters, as well as drafting employment and independent contractor agreements. She has provided counsel regarding physician recruitment, STARK and anti-kickback matters, medical staff bylaws, peer review matters, accreditation, Medicare/Medicaid, and EMTALA issues. Allyson also assists in matters including mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions and corporate organizational materials. Some of Allyson's recent representations include:
- Assisting Catholic Health East in connection with various tax-exempt financing transactions.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a specialty pharmacy.
- Obtaining accreditation for a Durable Medical Equipment Supplier.
- Assisting in hospital-physician contracting and various physician practice acquisitions.
- Assisting in the resolution of a peer review proceeding.
- Assisting in matters before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals regarding Medicare reimbursement matters.
After completing her undergraduate degree, Allyson worked for two years for the American Cancer Society. There she worked with local businesses and volunteers to organize community events and implement public health initiatives.
Allyson was a 2007 summer associate in Buchanan's Pittsburgh office and a summer associate in 2006 at another Pittsburgh-based law firm.