How Aliza Helps Clients
Aliza is a skilled and experienced litigator whose practice is focused on white-collar criminal matters, internal and government investigations, securities matters, complex commercial litigation and all aspects of matrimonial law. Aliza has represented corporate and individual clients in white-collar criminal matters including: bank fraud, securities fraud, mail and wire fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, grand larceny and antitrust allegations of price fixing and bid rigging. Aliza also has extensive general and civil litigation experience and has litigated complex multimillion dollar contract and licensing disputes in state and federal courts. Her clients are major international companies in finance, education, pharmaceuticals, venture capital and mining.
What Clients Can Expect
Aliza brings valuable experience to her clients in the courtroom and board room settings. She has developed deep client relationships while providing sophisticated and candid advice in all phases of litigation from discovery through trial. Aliza has also worked side-by-side with company counsel to perform internal investigations and defend against government investigations. Aliza brings valuable problem-solving skills to her clients, developed through her work as a mediator in multiple civil litigations. She is a skilled negotiator who achieves well-reasoned solutions to complex financial and personal disputes by taking an individualized approach to each of her clients.
Clients can expect Aliza to understand and address the keen interplay between psychology and economics in difficult situations, and to bring a passionate and intense approach on their behalf.
I am laser-focused on achieving successful outcomes for my clients. Clients know that they can depend on me to be relentless, responsive and efficient in handling their matters.
Outside the Office
Aliza was born and raised in New York City, where she currently lives with her husband and two children. She enjoys running, biking, creative writing, reading, and taking her son and daughter on adventures in Central Park.
- Represented the alleged architect of a bid-rigging scheme in the insurance industry in the longest antitrust criminal trial in New York State. After an almost year-long trial, 36 of 37 felony charges resulted in acquittals or dismissals, and the sole count of conviction was dismissed post trial.
- Obtained a significant litigation victory for a small biotechnology client asserting breach of license claims against a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in a federal bench trial in Indiana. The client was granted the right to terminate its original agreement with the major pharmaceutical manufacturer and sell its technology to another company.
- As lead counsel, negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of an apparel company in an international arbitration involving a complex contract dispute.
- Supervised investigations of embezzlement and accounting practices on behalf of an educational technology institution, collaborating with the Department of Justice and FBI, leading to a confession.
- Successfully defended the settlement and clearing practices of a major financial services company
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2002, Dean's List; Child and Family Litigation Clinic, Staff Attorney; Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, Staff
Queens College of the City University of New York, B.A., 1998, cum laude, Dean's List, psychology
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Aliza has represented clients in pro bono matters, including VAWA petitions, immigration matters and on behalf of not-for-profit animal shelters.