Matthew Cohen focuses his practice on corporate and securities transactions. Previously a partner in the corporate practice group of a prominent Texas-based energy firm, Matt's experience includes mergers and acquisitions, private offerings of debt and equity securities, public offerings, SEC reporting and securities law compliance, and structuring private equity investments.
Matt has experience in all facets of capital formation and has helped companies through all stages of the corporate life cycle. He has handled domestic and cross-border deals for companies engaged in the oil and gas as well as the metals and mining industries. In recent years, Matt was instrumental in the formation and development of three publicly traded E&P companies, raising an aggregate of $1 billion for them through a variety of capital transactions.
Among his recent matters, Matt has:
- Represented public oil & natural gas exploration and production company in $328 million acquisition of stock of private E&P company.
- Represented public exploration and production company in connection with $100 million acquisition of assets.
- Represented an issuer in connection with a Rule 144A offering of $300 million of senior notes and $216 million of convertible preferred stock.
- Represented an issuer in connection with a Rule 144A offering of $115 million senior notes and $50 million of convertible notes.
- Represented a large private equity investor in connection with $115 million investment in U.S. and Mexican silver mines, a $20 million investment in a Brazilian limestone mine and the acquisition of a “control” position in a Canadian publicly traded company with copper assets in the UK.