Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney's Matthew H. Meade, co-chair of the firm's Data Security & Privacy Group, will present as part of the Practising Law Institute's 13th Annual Institute on Privacy & Data Security Law, held in New York City on June 18th.
Meade's presentation, "Legislative and Regulatory Trends in U.S. Privacy and Security Law" will cover –
- Are we starting on a new direction for privacy and security regulation?
- Key federal legislative and regulatory developments
- Federal policy and enforcement initiatives
- Key state legislative and regulatory developments
- Self-regulation vs. government regulation: Where are we headed?
In addition to his lecture, Meade authored an article entitled “A Compendium of Data Security Best Practices” for the institute's textbook.